Product Manager opportunity with an early-stage tech startup looking to tackle culture management for leading businesses and brands.
Our client is on a mission to arm businesses with a product that can diagnose, define, and track organisational culture, helping leaders put culture at the heart of business. They have now developed a customisable, web-based culture measurement tool, enabling customers to do just this and a beta release is already in use with a small number of satisfied clients. With a planned MVP launch just months away, they are looking to hire a Product Manager who will play a critical role in helping define and shape the product, managing the offshore dev team and ensure it can scale rapidly.
This would be a great opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to forge a career in product management who has the confidence to take a new product within a new business and scale it into a sizeable proposition.
About the role:
- Ensure the technical quality of the product
- Manage the relationship with the off-shore technical delivery team, ensuring on-time, in-budget delivery, and functional quality in accordance with an agreed product roadmap;
- Define objectives and KPIs for product performance and delivery;
- Management/curation of the product backlog, writing clearly defined user stories, requirements for new product features, issues, enhancements, and other backlog items, providing clear value-based acceptance criteria which are understood by the whole team;
- Eliciting and prioritising work targeted at both the feature development, go-to-market efficiencies, and operational stability of the product;
- Validation and prioritisation of requirements based on business and commercial priorities having regard for existing commitments and broader product strategy;
- Ensure bugs are captured and managed efficiently with the development team;
- Own and manage the testing process – creating, maintaining, and actioning test plans containing manual and automated tests, ensuring full coverage of the user stories;
- Produce high-quality release notes for key contacts and relevant user groups to drive engagement with new features across the user base;
- Take ownership for product releases into production, post-live user experience and service reliability. Ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting is implemented, and that live support is appropriately prioritised vs. new feature development;
- Effectively communicate progress on the area of the product development (release scope and expected product capabilities/behaviour).
- Two or more years’ experience working as a Product Manager or Product Owner on a B2B product;
- Experience with BDD, scaled agile, and scrum software development methodologies;
- B2B platform/marketplace experience
- SaaS product experience (web client with back-end platform) and proven full product life cycle commercial experience;
- HRTech experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience with rapidly testing and measuring success of UX changes;
- Very strong oral, written and listening communication skills, including excellent grammar, with the ability to articulate complex concepts in simple terms;
- A self-motivated, adaptive team-player who thrives in a start-up environment and actively seeks additional responsibility and autonomy;
- A logical approach, with the ability to organise and structure information, extract the relevant points, and ask sensible questions to clarify;
- A confident and committed leader – not afraid to say “no” or make difficult decisions;
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product vision and functionality in an understandable and compelling way.
- Salary of £55k – £65k+ equity
- Fully remote role within the UK
- Paid travel to meetings in London when required
- Opportunity for fast career progression