MLRO opportunity with a fast-growing and recently funded FinTech business in the banking space. This role will be based in their London offices from August with one day per week flexible, remote working.
Our client has ambitious growth plans to be a market leader and is well on their way. As MLRO, you will report directly to the CEO and work with the senior management team, ensuring compliance and risk are managed effectively. You will also have oversight of a small team to support you in your function.
About the role:
- Develop & Maintain risk management policies and risk profiles in relation to financial crime
- Business ownership of the Onboarding, KYC and Transaction monitoring platforms from an AML/Compliance/Risk perspective
- Supervision of appropriate measures to ensure money laundering risks are considered in the day-to-day operation, incl. in relation to the development of new products; taking-on of new customers; changes in the business, etc.
- Lead the EMI application process, including leading the regulator discussions, internal documentation, policies and procedures required
- Building, and taking accountability of the AML/CTF risk management program and the undertaking of any AML/CTF risk assessments. You would also contribute significantly to building and managing a high-calibre compliance team, as and when required (as well as management input with a small base of junior company employees)
- Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant compliance risk and guides management in the development/reviewing/updating of relevant policies, procedures and business practices.
- Driving a compliance review of new regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting business activities
- Preparing reports for senior management, the Board and escalating any key or high-risk compliance issues within the existing governance structure. Working with the FCA, NCA, or any other governing bodies and/or suppliers, regarding any compliance-related matters.
- Hands-on and working cross-functionally across individuals and teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Ensure any flags raised on the transaction monitoring and KYC platforms, along with customer complaints, fraud claims, etc are handled in a timely manner
- Collaborating with internal teams to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate any regulatory risks and provide recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
- Good management skills of the CBS platform, KYC platform, Transaction Monitoring platform and any other platforms the company may need to use to operate effectively
- Partnering with the Product team to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements. This is a role critical, and you will need to also contribute to legal matters to ensure all contracts are compliant with internal frameworks, policies, procedures, and standards
- Either currently or recently held the position of MLRO or deputy MLRO
- Recent experience of working for a FinTech business
- Experience with submitting or resubmitting for EMI or equivalent
- Dynamic and proactive rather than reactive
- At least a couple of years’ experience of working in a startup environment
- Salary in the range of £90k – £115k + equity (salary depends on experience and equity share)
- One day flexible working remotely
- Opportunity to play a key role in growing a unique FinTech business