Chief Finance Officer opportunity with an ambitious, fast-growing FinTech business that is looking to scale over the next 12 months.
We’ve partnered with an exciting, multi-currency, multi-banked payment solution business to appoint a senior finance leader. The postholder will be hands-on in helping with the day-to-day finance management as well as navigating the business through multi-jurisdictional roll out as they scale. With a unique product that addresses a problem that has gone ignored until now, they have ambitious growth plans and need a senior financial leader to help them realise their goals.
When it comes to scaling a FinTech business, our client is looking for someone who has been there, done that, and has the t-shirt to prove it. Someone who can really guide a business through its growth phase and is excited by the prospect of doing that again.
This role will suit an experienced Finance Director or Chief Finance Officer who is looking to join a startup, roll their sleeves up, and get involved in all aspects of finance whilst taking on the responsibility of an international expansion plan. As the most senior finance person in the business there is plenty of scope to develop your career and join the leadership team of an exciting FinTech startup.
This is a remote position whilst offices are closed but is expected to be office-based, up to 4 days a week in London in the future.
- Manage a varied and large amount of finance work across the organisation, ranging from building a team to handle the pure accounting and management of accounts, whilst being hands-on yourself, to the more strategic aspects
- Strategic lead on where the business can expand internationally and how they should partner
- Responsible for the treasury element and how they record each payment
- Manage the logistics of expansion, e.g. where they should have corporate entities and what’s most tax-efficient
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the day-to-day finance function as the team grows
- Recognised UK Accountancy qualifications and FinTech experience are essential
- Previous experience of multi-jurisdictional growth and country roll-outs is required
- You have previously scaled the necessary infrastructure to cope with a high number of transactions and are able to manage the accountancy function
- Knowledge of international tax regimes and how to approach
- You have previously been part of a successful scale-up's journey and are hungry for the opportunity to do it again
- Payments and/or treasury experience
- Trading experience
- Sufficient knowledge of coding to lead on an automated role
Remuneration is negotiable depending on previous experience.