Head of Business Development & Product opportunity with a SaaS scale-up in the South East.
Our client has developed a bespoke SaaS application in the eCommerce space to help businesses manage sales, analyse pricing, and manage their inventory and supply chain. They are now looking for an entrepreneurial individual with SaaS experience to head up growing the customer base and expanding their reach, helping develop the product and realising their ambitious goals. Over the next 6 months they plan to rapidly build their customer base, develop new features for the software and look at expanding into different sectors internationally.
As Head of Business Development & Product you will be responsible for building relationships with our clients' customers (B2B), understand their problems and work with a cross-functional team to provide solutions that will drive their online sales.
This position is key to the future success of the business and needs someone with combined experience in SaaS, sales, and eComm with excellent stakeholder engagement skills. Reporting into the Senior Management team, you’ll work closely with the commercial, finance, marketing, and operations teams, line managing a Product Owner as well as the Customer Success and Tech Support functions.
This role would best suit an experienced BDM within the SaaS space who has worked closely with a product team and understands how customer problems feed into improving your product and offering. Additionally, you must be happy to travel within the UK (South East to West Midlands) and offers a great career opportunity to take ownership of a product, grow a customer success team and progress to a Senior Management position.
About the role:
- Building the customer base and brand
- Providing solutions to customers’ problems
- Prioritising product developments
- Identifying and exploring new market opportunities
- Regular reporting and analysis to help drive sales and efficiency
- Excellent opportunity for career progression to Senior Management
- Drive the business and eCommerce strategy
- Build brand awareness via online and offline channels
- Help build the future success of the team and hire and line manage a customer success team
- Build relationships with senior stakeholders and decision-makers
- Meet monthly commercial targets and deliverables
- Understand customers’ key challenges and provide technical and operational solutions
- Develop Business Cases for stakeholders to gain investment sign off
- Prepare monthly Board updates
- Cost management – develop budgets, perform cost-benefit analysis, help customers drive down costs
- Travel to external meetings with partners and suppliers on a regular basis, time will roughly be split 1/3 in the office, 1/3 working remotely and 1/3 at meetings on client sites
- Previous experience of working with SaaS products and understand eCommerce and operational processes
- Entrepreneurial leader who is open-minded, with a fail-fast mentality, quick to learn, and strong interpersonal skills
- Previous management experience of customer success/account management/business development personnel
- Commercially focussed and able to develop commercial growth propositions based on revised fee models/cost to scale
- Customer-centric, working with many stakeholders, and always looking to find solutions that benefit all parties
- Excellent problem-solving skills, thinking outside the box to overcome challenges
- Driving licence
Remuneration and benefits
- Salary dependent on experience
- Bonus of up to 12.5%
- Company pension contribution of 8%
- 25 days holiday
- Life cover, private medical cover, perkbox, and more