Head of Product opportunity with an eCommerce SaaS scale-up in Sussex.
Our client has developed a bespoke SaaS application in the eCommerce space to help businesses analyse pricing, and manage sales, their inventory and supply chain. They are now looking for an entrepreneurial individual with eCommerce experience to head up the development and management of new ideas and innovation and their implementation throughout the organisation. (This role reports directly into the senior management team.)
This position needs someone with a fail-fast mentality who will think outside of the box to move quickly in proving concepts and assessing their viability on a continual basis. You also need to be a well-rounded product leader with strategic, technical, commercial and marketing experience, and an excellent communicator at all levels.
The role will involve direct line management of a small team and the ability to manage up will be an invaluable skill when dealing with senior stakeholders.
This role would best suit an experienced Senior Product Manager or Head of Product with eCommerce or SaaS experience who has experience of working within a scaling business and is looking to progress their career.
About the role:
- Formulate effective new ideas and innovative strategies for product development, marketing, branding, or business opportunities.
- Recognise promising ideas and find ways to introduce them into the company’s future plans; discard ideas that are ineffective, costly, or beyond the scope of the company’s mission or abilities to develop.
- Strategise with product development teams to transform general ideas into workable solutions.
- Analyse existing practices to isolate areas prime for improvement or enhancement.
- Play a leading role in training and demonstrating ways to increase creative thinking and innovation across the organisation.
- Quickly evaluate the success of new products or services and responds to customer feedback.
- Evaluates and prioritises further development required to drive new products or services.
- Monitor research and development of other organisations to spot trends in innovation and supplement research findings in the company’s industry.
- Responsible for collaborating with 3rd party companies to develop new products/propositions/ways of working.
- Manage costs within project budgets and utilise them effectively in proving concepts
- Report into the senior management team and put forward investment cases
- Travel within the UK will be required, under normal circumstances, a couple times a month
- Several years’ experience in a senior product management role with a scaling SaaS business
- eCommerce experience is highly desirable
- Previous involvement in areas including marketing, research and development, product development, or strategy
- Self-directed but able to work and lead a team of creative individuals
- Superior research and analytical skills to track and predict trends
- Ability to collaborate with executives, creative teams, research and development, and product development teams
- Must be able to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more effectively managing resources
- Strong business knowledge and understanding of a variety of business practices is required
- An inquisitive and creative mind and natural curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuasively sell ideas
- Must be willing to take calculated risks and manage expectations of both internal development teams and potential and existing customers
Remuneration and benefits:
- £55k – £65k salary dependent on experience
- Management bonus scheme
- Company pension contribution
- 25 days holiday
- Life cover, 8% pension, private medical cover, perkbox, and more