- Are you excited by working with cutting edge tech?
- Do you have your finger on the pulse of new tech developments?
- Do you regularly question your Stack and ask “why” you are using the tools you do?
Head of Development
Head of Development opportunity with a fast-growing, product-led scale-up in the SaaS space. Based in the UK, this will be a remote role that can be performed either in the UK or Europe.
Providing innovative B2B financial solutions for global organisations, this business is still relatively small in size and this is a great time to join them. As part of their ambitious growth plans to scale the product they need an experienced technical leader who can manage and grow the existing tech team as well as ensure processes, structures and governance are increased across the board.
If you’re someone who lives and breathes new technology and looks to improve ways of working and the tools used, rather than relying on the old “it’s always been done this way”, this is an opportunity you want to explore.
About the role:
- Hands-on management of the tech team, inspiring them to explore new ways of working and develop themselves
- Conduct staff reviews, set KPI’s, and be responsible for team members having mentoring arrangements in place
- Review, develop and introduce essential processes, checks and governance to guarantee delivery for end clients
- Responsible for the knowledge base for a geographically dispersed team
- Introduce automation where you identify areas that can benefit from efficiency
- Provide clear accountability for the team in their activities
- Report on progress to the Board and performance to wider stakeholders
- Present business cases for the introduction of new software or technology where you believe it will aid process and delivery
- Help pioneer the product vision
- Enjoy being hands-on (not in the coding sense, but rather the micro-management of ways of working and team leadership)
- Process Led
- An inspiring leader with strong motivational skills
- Excited by new technology, preferably experienced with Machine Learning
- Skills must include: Agile, .NET, Azure, Jira, DevOps
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate complex concepts to be easily understood by non-tech minded individuals, from Board members to junior, non-tech employees in the business
Salary is highly competitive and dependent on relevant experience. This is a remote role and can be performed anywhere within the UK or Europe but you won’t feel cut off with annual meet-ups and away trips.